Designing Apps for Success
Developing Consistent App Design Practices
By Matthew David, Chris Murman
In 2007, Apple released the iPhone. With this release came tools as revolutionary as the internet was to businesses and individuals back in the mid- and late-nineties: Apps. Much like websites drove (and still drive) business, so too do apps drive sales, efficiencies and communication between people. But also like web design and development, in its early years and iterations, guidelines and best practices for apps are few and far between.
Designing Apps for Success provides web/app designers and developers with consistent app design practices that result in timely, appropriate, and efficiently capable apps. This book covers application lifecycle management that designers and developers use when creating apps for themselves or the entities that hired them. From the early discussions with a company as to how to what kind of app they want, to storyboarding, to developing cross-platform, to troubleshooting, to publishing, Designing Apps for Success gives a taut, concise, and pragmatic roadmap from the beginning of the process all the way to the end. Developers and designers will learn not only best practices on how to design an app but how to streamline the process while not losing any quality on the end result. Other topics in this book include:
- Case studies that best showcase the development process at work (or not at work).
- Global examples of apps developed all over the world.
- Future proofing your apps
- Post-publishing: Promoting and marketing your apps and keeping it relevant.
- Consistent app design practices for consistently successful results.
Designing Rich Internet Applications, 2nd Edition
By Matthew David Implement the powerful multimedia and interactive capabilities offered by HTML5, including style control tools, illustration tools, video, audio, and rich media solutions. Understand how HTML5 is changing the web development game with this project-based book that shows you-not just tells you-what HTML5 can do for your websites. Reinforce your practical understanding of the new standard with demo applications and tutorials, so that execution is one short step away.
HTML5 is the future of the web. Literally every web designer and developer needs to know how to use this language to create the types of web sites consumers now expect. This new edition of the bestseller teaches you to enhance your web designs with rich media solutions and interactivity, using detailed descriptions and hands-on projects for every step along the way. The second edition contains completely updated information, including more on mobility and video standards, plus new projects.
HTML5 Mobile Websites
Turbocharging HTML5 with jQuery Mobile, Sencha Touch, and Other Frameworks
Developing Android and iOS Applications
By Matthew David
- Setting up Flash CS5 for Android Development
- Project 1: Creating Your First App Using Flash CS5
- Rapid Android Development in Flash CS5
- Project 2: Optimizing Animation, Audio, Video, and Component Use in Your AIR for Android Apps
- Developing Mobile Apps using ActionScript
- Project 3: Building Sprite’s 123
- Leveraging Custon iPhone and Android Interface Calls with ActionScript
- Project 4: Building a Gesture-Driven Application
- Building Games with Flash for the Mobile Market
- Project 5: Building a Mobile Game
- Deploying Mobile Apps with Flash CS5
- Project 6: Publishing Your Apps into the Many Different App Stores
Matthew’s other books
Check out Matthew’s collection of books on Amazon.